Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rootin' Tootin' Origin


I’m a pretty easy going guy, but I am serious when it comes to guns… mostly. Yes, I follow the 4 basic rules of firearm safety, but I don’t eat, sleep, and breathe guns. I’m close though. Just ask my girlfriend.

She is where the name of this blog came from. Granted, it really came from one of our favorite cartoon characters, Yosemite Sam. He was the rootin’-est, and the tootin’-est!! She started ribbing me about going off to do my “rootin’ tootin’ thing” (with six-gun fingers blazing) when I was packing my range bag to go to the range. That only got worse as I became more active in the local USPSA matches. I can’t even fathom how I would imitate the sound effects of those six-gun fingers in type.

My point is, just because this blog has a silly name, I’m serious about the way of life, because to me, it is a way of life. It now affects everything I do.

1 comment:

  1. To My Rootin' Tootin' Man,

    Welcome to the blogoshpere! Very nice!

    Signed,
    "The Girl Friend"

    PS.. My 6 shooter fingers' sounds ... a cross between a POW and a hissing cat (have to have that throat thing going)

    ReplyDelete