Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Selecting a Gun to Carry – The Series


So you’ve decided that you’re ready to carry a gun for personal protection. Now you’re faced with the daunting task of selecting the perfect gun to carry. There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a firearm for personal protection. This series of posts will look at:
  • Which method of carry should I use? Open or concealed?
  • What model of gun should I buy?
  • Which handgun caliber is best to carry for personal defense?
  • What accessories do I need to carry?

Open or concealed carry is a hotly debated topic in the gun world. I’m not going to tell you how you should carry, but I will tell you some things you need to consider in order to make your own decision.

What model of gun you choose will depend on several key factors. I’ll go over some of the more popular models that you’ll see in the gun stores as well as what you should look for.

I’ll cover things you need to think about when selecting which caliber of handgun fits you.

Lastly, I’ll go over the accessories you’ll need to prepare yourself for carrying a handgun outside your home.

Please don’t expect me to have the answer for you in these posts. Only you know you and what you want, and how you want to do it. I’m just going to try to lead you down the right path.

Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment