Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody!

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 is gone. It was a very exciting year for the gun community, and 2013 is shaping up to be even more exciting. I didn’t make any resolutions at midnight last night. I never do, anymore. Instead, I made some conscious decisions in the last couple of weeks that will carry me through 2013 and beyond.
With all the talk of Assault Weapon Bans and gun control, it’s going to be a busy year for activists on both sides of the arguments. I’m already drafting letters to my representatives at both the state and national levels to voice my opinions on the matters. It won’t stop there, either. I plan to stay “in their faces” until they know me by my first name. And if I can manage to arrange it, we’ll sit down face to face and talk about it. It’s time to mentally arm myself and become a more involved citizen.
Training has come to the forefront of my personal firearms agenda. I believe I have the basic equipment that I need, and the rudimentary knowledge to function with it. Now I need to build on my mental and physical skills with this equipment. I already know there will be modifications and adjustments to myself and my equipment as a result of that training, and I’ve accepted that. I also know that some of it won’t be easy, and I’ve accepted that as well. I’ve always wanted to be a better shooter, and now is the time to act on that.
With any luck, I’ll be able to keep you all up to date on my progress through posts here. Please feel free to comment below.
Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment