Sorry I’m late getting this out to you. Father's Day is Sunday, June 16th. There’s still time to find a good gift for Dad this Father’s Day. Somehow I don’t think he’ll mind too much if you tell him his gift from Brownells or MidwayUSA or any other gun related store or website is running a little late.
Shopping for a gun nut can be tricky. If you don’t know all of their specific guns by model and caliber, shopping for them can be downright difficult. So I’ll try to keep it somewhat generic. I won’t tell you to buy them a gun because that’s like trying to buy a woman a pair of shoes, and ammo is out because it’s so scarce.
Here are my top 10 picks for this Father’s Day in no particular order:
1. Maglula Uplula magazine speedloader – This one goes without mention. Every shooter needs one. I did a review on it some time ago. Here is the post.
2. Here is a cleaning kit that covers calibers from .177 to 10 gauge.
3. Here is a very inexpensive item that often gets overlooked. No more wearing your earmuffs around your neck or over your temples.
4. I have one of these cleaning mats, and I love it (once it aired out a bit). There are different sizes, but for me, this size works for everything.
5. If Dad uses an outdoor range, these are on sale right now. Tacstrike is a great company and carry other great products to choose from as well.
6. If Dad reloads, you can’t go wrong with this (unless he already has it of course).
7. Here is a spiffy little box for toting shotgun shells. I just wish it carried more than 4 boxes of shells.
8. Here is a great gift idea if Dad ever needs to leave his handgun in the car or truck.
9. If your budget is tight, get him a magazine subscription. We admit it freely, we LOVE browsing through them.
10. Last but not least, take Dad to the range. Spend some quality time with him. Even if it’s not really your “thing”, sacrifice some of your time for him and show just a little interest. After all, he’s sacrificed a lot more over the years for you.